Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Peek Inside Johnica's Carry On

Our friend Johnica travels well over 100,000 miles each year, so who better to feature than someone who's in the air three weeks each month?
A lifestyle and travel communications guru, Johnica globe-trots to countless international and domestic spots each year. From South Africa to France, to Jordan and back, she has racked up her share of frequent flyer miles and the jetsetter knowledge they come with. You can find her as the weekly Excursions Contributor at UptownSocial - the exclusive e-dossier of UPTOWN magazine, contributing to American Airlines Black Atlas, and sharing food & wine adventures from around the globe as the Travel Editor of Cuisine Noir Magazine.

Johnica Reed

My carry on tote of choice is the Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM in Damier canvas.

Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM in Damier

It's chic and roomy, and folds flat for easy packing.

Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM in Damier inside tote

If I'm traveling for ten days or less, I opt out of checking a bag and pack all of my clothes, shoes and beauty products in either the black 21" Samsonite xSpace Spinner or the orange 21" Longchamp Surf Trolley. For quick weekend and beach jaunts I carry Longchamp's Veau Foulonne in a great salmon leather.

Longchamp's Veau Foulonne

What beauty products do you travel with (skin care, hand moisturizer, lip balm, hair products, etc.)?

For short getaways I love SAMPAR's Bon Weekend Kit. For extended trips I always pack 3Lab's M Cream and recharge my skin after long haul flights with their Perfect Mask. To keep my hair sleek on the go, I pack the ghd IV mini styler, which has auto adjusting voltage that works in almost any country you visit.

Do you have a favorite wrap or sweater for chilly planes?

I've been collecting Nordstrom Tissue-Weight Cashmere Wraps for six years, so I have quite of collection and range of colors. They are perfect for the plane and double as a fashion accessory, great for adding color to "travel black" outfits. If I'm headed to a colder climate I use the medium-weight style.

Nordstrom Tissue-Weight Cashmere Wraps

Are you currently reading any books or have a guilty pleasure magazine for the plane?

I'm currently reading Down the Nile: Alone in a Fisherman's Skiff, travel writer Rosemary Mahoney's tale of her solo rowing trip down the Nile.
Down the Nile: Alone in a Fisherman's Skiff

What music do you listen to on your iPod when traveling?

I'm currently listening to Sade's Soldier of Love on repeat. I tune out any noise or chatter on the plane with Bose QuietComfort 15 Noise Canceling Headphones.
Bose QuietComfort 15 Noise Canceling Headphones

Anything else you always travel with?

I'm all about documenting my travels so I never leave home without my Flip MinoHD camcorder, Nikon d500 SLR and MacBook Pro.

flip camera


To charge all of my gadgets on the go, I travel with Tumi's Charger Kit, which includes an electronic adapter with 4 different international plugs that work in over 150 countries.
tumi charger kit

2 comments:

Rock Couture said...

Wow.. I bet she has some interesting travel stories or better yet passenger stories.

Unknown said...

I'm so proud of you, Johnica! *big hug*

Love,

Curtis

Related Posts with Thumbnails