Thursday, September 10, 2009

Beauty Bloggerati Spotlight: Favorite Dry Shampoos

One item we never travel without is our trusty dry shampoo. It soaks up oil, refreshes a style and absorbs any odor from the night before. Plus, it's not a liquid, and therefore TSA-friendly. We polled our fellow Daily Makeover Beauty Bloggerati members to find out the best dry shampoos.

Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie: Klorane Shampoo Dry. It makes my hair not only feel not dirty... it actually makes it feel WASHED. The French have been using it for decades. They're always way ahead!



Sarah from Hair Thursday seconds that: Klorane! It makes my day-old blunt bangs look completely fresh, and I love the non-aerosol pump option. It never clogs!

Make that a threepeat. Carla from Product Girl is also a fan: I’ve tried different dry shampoos and my scalp would freak out. Klorane’s dry shampoo is the only one that I can keep using without having to worry.

Erika from Makeup Bag has a different fave: I love the old standby Oscar Blandi. It works well on my fine hair and I love the fresh scent!

Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog says she
can't live without Rene Furterer Naturia: It smells great, absorbs quickly and adds tons of volume to my roots.

Megan from Daily Makeover likes it natural: I’ve tried tons of dry shampoos and the standout for me is Frederic Fekkai’s Au Naturel Dry Shampoo. Its’ the only one that adds texture to my hair and sucks up all that excess oil from 2nd day hair. It’s my “help me sleep past my alarm and still look fab” beauty savior.



Bailey from Makeover Momma improvises:
Right now I use plain old baby powder (there is always plenty of it around!). Many dry shampoos have oat in them (which I can't use) or are too pricey for my current budget... so right now lightly scented baby powder (mixed with a little bit of mineral shadow that matches my blonde hair) gets the job done....

Lisa from These Lips are Made for Glossin' introduces us to one we haven't tried--but will soon! Bar none my favorite is Rockaholic Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo. It's a spray powder, totally light and tooooooootally amazing.



Tammy from A Mom in Red High Heels and JSG's Annie share a fave. Tammy says: I am a fan of Bumble and Bumble Hair Powder. The aerosol can design keeps you from making a mess while applying the powder, and it has a little hold like a light-weight hairspray (you can brush through it if you don't like that feeling). It also comes in a variety of colors to match your own, which is a nice bonus because it can also help blend roots in between color services!





3 comments:

britishbeautyblogger said...

Can I recommend Ojon Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner - its been genius for my unruly hair for a couple of years....in fact something of an addicition since every time I try something new it never, ever measures up!

The Jet Set Girls said...

Ojon is actually Hope's fave. Can't believe we left it off the list!

Mithering said...

I love PSSSSSSST! (the labeling left over from the 1970s makes me feel like a Breck girl), but the aerosol is always getting clogged. Purchase this brand at your own risk, but when the can works, the stuff's amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails