Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Makeup Tips for Photos

One of the constant struggles JSG's Annie has is how to get her makeup right for photos. Specifically, how to avoid having a super-shiny, grease slick of a forehead (see below, left, from our recent cruise). It seems like no matter how much powder I use, I still look ultra-shiny in photos.

Annie and Hope on cruise

I was only too happy to receive a Precriptives Photochrome Light Adjusting Compact foundation to test out. According to the packaging, the foundation: Makes skin look natural in any light, all day long. Innovative light-reflecting particles diffuse glare, while softening the look of lines and wrinkles, and minimizing the appearance of pores. The lightweight, long-wearing cream-to-powder foundation provides a seamless finish that never looks heavy--just perfectly flawless and ready for pictures. The patented ergonomic sponge contours the face for precise application.

Photochrome

I put Prescriptives Photocrome to the test on the first day of New York Fashion Week, when my schedule was jammed from 10 am til midnight. Here I am backstage at the tents around 1 pm:


Annie Fritz backstage at fashion week
and later that evening at the Target Alexander McQueen party:

Annie Fritz at Target PartyMy skin has a nice matte finish and the product definitely lived up to its promises of working in any light, being long wearing and working for photos (If I do say so, myself!). I did use a fair amount of moisturizer along with the new Prescriptives Flawless Face Primer before using the foundation. My skin is dry and I'm not used to wearing heavier foundation, so I wanted the extra boost before applying. And it seems as if nothing will ever stop the glare entirely on my forehead. Perhaps I should follow the lead of my friend, Bianca, and get bangs.

What I didn't like about Photocrome: It has a slight chemical odor and the sponge--patented or not, seemed to work like a basic makeup sponge. If it were up to me, I would cutback on the plastic packaging and sell the foundation alone.

Those two factors aside, I'll definitely be using Photochrome again next time I know I'll be in pictures.

2 comments:

Jane is a gypsy said...

Annie, your beautiful regardless of what is obviously a flash malfunction.
Try turning your head to the side a little so, that your not facing the lens straight on. A little trick I learned as a dancer for the Phoenix Suns. We used to pose for pictures in 105 degree heat and there was no battling the shine!! Love Jane

The Jet Set Girls said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely give it a try!

Related Posts with Thumbnails