Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Best Blush for Redheads


Ever since my genius colorist, Joseph at NYC's Cutler suggested I trade my blonde locks for red, I've never looked back. Only problem is, once I changed my hair color, I had to start wearing all new makeup, too. My biggest challenge has consistently been my blush. When I use a rosy pink, it can make me look too pink and doesn't blend with my hair. When I opt for a browner toned blush, it doesn't work with my skin. Then when I don't wear blush, I look like I'm on my death bed. I've experimented with it all to no avail.


Finally, MAC's limited edition Blonde Brunette Redhead collection has THE perfect solution, the Mineralize Skinfinish in Redhead. It has gradations in tone from gold to salmon pink that blended together give my cheeks the perfect hue. I also use it on my forehead close to my hairline, since I have a large forehead. I love this stuff! Of course, like many MAC cosmetics we've fallen for before, it's only available for a short time. In fact, it's actually on their "Goodbye" list already, so act fast, my fellow redheads!

1 comment:

A said...

Oooh, as a fellow redhead I must look into this!

Related Posts with Thumbnails