Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Product Review: No Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner



Living Proof first introduced their line of No Frizz styling products which control frizz using a new and different technology.  Their active ingredients are not silicone based and instead treat and coat your hair and follicles to produce smoother hair.  Using No Frizz regularly increases the effects and improves the results.

In September 2009 Living Proof released their first shampoo and conditioner.  I first checked they were free of sulfates which strip hair color.  The down side of other sulfate free shampoos that I've tried is that the lather is minimal making hard to tell if you're cleaning your hair.  With my long hair, I like a big luxurious lather and No Frizz found a way to provide that sans sulfates.  I've been using the shampoo and conditioner for two weeks.  The shampoo made my hair smell great and feel clean.  I also used the conditioner from root to end because my hair is dry and I can use all the moisture I can get and it didn't weigh my hair down.

According to No Frizz, using the shampoo and conditioner alone deposits 30% of the active ingredient of their anti-frizz product after five uses, so I chose not to use an additional product before drying it.  I can say that my hair was less frizzy; but still quite full.  The most obvious effect of the shampoo and conditioner is that my hair actually stays cleaner longer.  This surprised me because normally by the third day on which I would normally wash my hair, there was no need.  No Frizz claims that the effect of coating the  hair repels both dirt and oil and I'm a believer.  I'll continue to use the No Frizz shampoo and conditioner with these impressive results.

Available at Sephora, LivingProof.com, and QVC.com.
This review was based on a free sample.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a middle-aged gal with super-curly, prone to frizz hair. I have bought and tried so, so many shampoos (and conditioners) in the hope of finding something to make my wild hair manageable without having to pile on a gazillion post-shower products.

Shielo is excellent. Specifically, I buy the Hydrate Shampoo and the Hydrate Conditioner.

I find that it's easier to blow-dry and have the hair feel softer, sleeker, and less prone (though never NOT prone) to frizzing in humidity. (Granted, when you have mind-of-its-own hair, addig stuff like Paul Mitchell styling lotion and Biosilk just adds to the effectiveness of the Pantene products, I find. It all adds up to help manage the hard-to-manage.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails