Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beach Week Day 4: Miami

Miami is hands down one of our favorite places for a girls' getaway--we're counting down the days til our trip in March. In the two years since our last trip, numerous hotels have opened, including the Mondrian, Viceroy, Epic, the W and Fountainebleu, which makes deciding where to go fun.

We've stayed at the Viceroy in Palm Springs before and love Kelly Wearstler's eclectic style.


We're also partial to Kimpton Hotels, which includes the Epic, and stay in them whenever we can. Beach Vacation Deal: Rates start at $199 if you book before January 27.


We've heard various reviews on the Fountainebleu, both good and bad. But the 1,504-room hotel is a little to big for our tastes. 


The previous three options aside, we do always like to stay in South Beach when we're in Miami. We'll inevitably end up going out there at night and like to stay in the heart of the action. The Mondrian, part of the Morgan hotel group, looks like a sexy option and nearly a twin to sister property the Delano. It was conceived as "a design homage to Sleeping Beauty's Castle".



The W Hotel South Beach features two pools, Mr. Chow's restaurant and a Bliss Spa.



Any input on your favorite place to stay in Miami?

9 comments:

haircutting in high heels said...

I LOVE Miami, I use to travel there alot whenever their was a hair show and would stay at the Delano. Fabulous times I never thought could be re-created, but with your share of the hot new hotels, especially the Viceroy I think I need to go back!
Thank you for sharing.
Gina

Rock Couture said...

Welcome to Miami ;)))

SoCalFashionista said...

I can never get enought of Miami, LOVE it! The last time I was there was 2 years ago for my Bachelorette Party, we stayed at the Tides and it was so amazing! The service, the view, the decor everything was fabulous. Previously we have stayed at the Hotel Victor which was gorgeous as well. Thank you for sharing these amazing hotels, hopefully I will stay at one of them the next time we go. Which hopefully will be this years.

Miss Journey said...

Aw man, so many options! What's a girl to do. Can't wait to see what you decide.

The Iconic Blog said...

I'll be at the Tides in March. It's rated no.1 on Trip Advisor and they've never led me astray! :)

Anonymous said...

The Sagamore is really awesome too. I have been to many other hotels, I still prefer this one.

Anonymous said...

is there a difference, in terms of fun, between going to miami on weeddays or the weekend in march????
my friends think we should go on a weekday because it is much cheaper but my only concern is wont we be missing out on a lot of fun weekend things to do!!!!!!

The Jet Set Girls said...

Thursday nights have always been one of our best nights out when in Miami, so that alone makes me think going during the week would be fun. We recommend asking your concierge the best places to go according to the night.

Albury Hotel said...

Wow how nice is that, would be a great place to go on a holiday.. thanks for sharing the awsome photos..

Related Posts with Thumbnails