Friday, January 8, 2010

Beauty Bloggerati Spotlight: Favorite Spa Treatments





Something about winter makes us want to hightail it to the nearest spa and get pampered. We checked in with the Daily Makeover Beauty Bloggerati to find out everyone's favorite spa treatments across the nation. 



The seasonal pedicures at Haven are my fave! Next on my list is their Pampermint pedi. (That's the waiting area/drying lounge above.)
Amber from Beauty Blogging Junkie

I love getting a hydrating protein treatment for my hair at High Tech Design and Day Spa in my area. I rarely have time/babysitters for a spa day (so do most of them at home), but really wish I could get
their full package one day: a massage, European facial, manicure and pedicure!
Bailey from Makeover Momma

I don’t get the spa treatment too often but the last pedicure I had was from Spa Scotta in Seattle. Ally gave my their Signature Pedicure and it was the most amazing pedicure of my life. It included a foot mask and a paraffin dip, it was heaven. I loved it so much I bought all of the products used on me to try and recreate it myself at home.
Carla from Product Girl


I'm a simple girl when it comes to spa treatments. I like a good deep cleansing facial any day of the week!

A friend of mine lives in Denville, NJ and once a month I go visit her and we do spa day at Depasquale Spa in Morris Plains. I have huge pores (no really you could park your Audi in them) and when the aesthetician finishes with the extractions on my face I feel so clean and bright!  I'm counting down the seconds until our next spa day at the end of this month!
Lisa from These Lips Are Made for Glossin

I love a classic European Facial with an AHA add-on or a pumpkin enzyme peel.  Marissa is my go-to girl at Evans and Co in Redlands, CA
Tammy from A Mom in Red High Heels



A few months ago, I went to Philadelphia's Rittenhouse Rescue Spa (above) and had a marathon massage sesh followed by a "Sugar Buff."

I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the sugar scrub as much as I did because exfoliation isn’t usually a relaxing experience. But as Massage Therapist Alycja rubbed the grapefruit/lemongrass/peppermint-scented
scrub over my body, I slipped into a deeper level of sedation. The sugar crystals sloughed away months of dead skin and I emerged from the treatment with a brand new epidermis. I couldn't stop touching my skin because I couldn’t believe it was mine. No exaggerating...it hadn’t been that soft and smooth since 1978.
Daneen from Spoiled Pretty

I love Bliss’ Deep Sea Detox body treatment — they do the whole vichy shower thing, then they slather you in a seaweed goop and wrap you up nice in tight and let you sweat out icky toxins and excess water weight. I left feeling healthy, reinvigorated and 5 lbs. slimmer. Can’t beat that! I’m itching to try their famous Carrot & Sesame Body Buff next, I bet my skin will be sublimely soft after that one!
Megan from Daily Makeover

I'm obsessed with the Personalized Ocean and Earth Wrap at the Mandarin Oriental in D.C. I try to do this twice a year to prepare my body for winter and summer. It's a delicious treatment.
Julia from All About the Pretty

As for us:


It's really hard to choose just one favorite spa treament, which is why I have to go with the Time Ritual at Miami's Mandarin Oriental (above). You book a block of time and work with your therapist to see what you're in the mood for that day and what scents you want to use. I usually end up getting a mix of a scrub and a massage. The Time Rituals are available at any Mandarin, but I picked the one in Miami because the views of Biscayne Bay from the treatment rooms can't be beat!
Annie

I would pick any of the treatments at the Lake Austin Spa in Austin, Texas (pictured at the very top).  It's all beautiful: from the relaxation porch to the spacious treatment rooms to the gorgeous grounds planted with obscene amounts of rosemary.  I had the Chardonnay Wine Therapy treatment last visit which included a sugar scrub, butter wrap and  Chardonnay oil massage.  If you go, plan on staying for a healthy lunch in the Aster Cafe and down time around the pool.  It's a resort as well that hosts women's interest getaways with authors, cooking classes, yoga and more.

Hope

2 comments:

all that really matters is.. said...

I <3 Your Blog! I also love spas, this month I read in Lucky Mag, that a great way to cut the costs of Spa-ing check out Russian, Turkish and Korean Bath Houses. I have never been to a bath house but it's definitely in the works! Amazing Bath Houses in NYC and other big cities.

Also a prized travel tip: I learned in a travel forum that airlines reduce all available seats on Tuesday around 11pm. This is apparently the lowest tickets will get before they start to climb again throughout the week. I've been buying tickets like this for the past year saving anywhere from $20-50!

The Jet Set Girls said...

Thanks for the tips! We've been to Korean Spas in Northern Virginia and love the experience. Your skin will never be so soft!

Thanks for reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails