Monday, January 4, 2010

It's Complicated in Santa Barbara


Or is it?

Yes, It's Complicated is set in Santa Barbara, and some scenes are shot there; but much of the movie was shot in NYC and Thousand Oaks, Ca.  That didn't stop the Santa Barbara Visitors' Bureau from creating an It's Complicated website which points to the Santa Barbara Magazine interview with writer and director Nancy Meyers, the production notes, and a gallery of photos.  You can also link to movie tours based on Sideways, which did wonders for tourism in the Santa Barbara wine country.

In her interview, Meyers discusses why she chose Santa Barbara for It's Complicated:  "the natural beauty everywhere you look, the state of mind I feel when I'm there, the calm...It feels as close to the good life as you can get."

As for us, we love Santa Barbara and drove up for some shopping last time we were in LA.  Maybe we'll head up when we're there in February too.

2 comments:

haircutting in high heels said...

Just saw this on my birthday weekend! Laughed my a-- off and knew immediately it was Santa Barbara from the lovely scenic coast and architecture. Thank you for the share, did you see the movie? I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

The Jet Set Girls said...

I haven't seen it yet; but it's on my list with nine and Up in the Air. I saw Sherlock Holmes which was terrific; but didn't exactly make me what to head back to London any time soon. Thanks for the comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails