Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Review: Rimmel London Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel

Rimmel French lingerie
Liz's nails on day 2 of the mani

There are lots of things that last 10 days. A cold. A Macy’s sale. But nail polish? No, ma’am. So when Rimmel London promised ladies everywhere that their new Lasting Finish Pro Nail Enamel lasts up to 10 days, I’ll be honest – I laughed. But then accepted the challenge.

With naked nails and an open heart, I painted my freshly filed fingers with two coats of French Lingerie on Thursday night. The polish features a new formula that’s ultra flexible and chip resistant – but we’ve heard that before, haven’t we? There wasn’t anything special about the consistency or color, but the wide-angled Mistake-Free Pro brush was rave-worthy. Everyone needs to try this little miracle brush. I’ve used wider brushes before, but this one really did require less strokes and kept things looking smooth. Each tiny brush has 800 fine textured bristles, and while I didn’t sit there counting, I’m now convinced 800 is indeed the magic number for the perfect application.

I got two compliments on my nails the next day. A coworker wanted to know what top coat I had on over my polish (none!) because it looked so shiny. Turns out, this polish has an active time-released ingredient that enhances shine over time. The second compliment came from a fellow subway rider who asked me where I got my manicure. (That’s a first so I’m assuming it had something to do with the polish?)
Rimmel lasting finish

Saturday afternoon I spotted my first nick. But if there was ever such a thing as a “good” kind of nick, this was it. The polish didn’t chip at the end; a tiny piece chipped off from middle of my nail – as if I had caught it on something. All it took was a single sweep of color and it was hidden.

By Sunday night I had my first major chipping at the end of my thumb nail – enough for my OCD-self to strip the polish since it was beyond fixing. I will admit though, it was the only finger with significant damage. My right hand was still pristine.

For someone who’s pretty tough on her nails – typing away all day and scrubbing dishes at night– I can honestly say Rimmel’s new polish impressed me. This $3.99 polish looked fresh longer than others triple the cost. Did it last 10 days? No. But did I immediately re-apply the same light pink shade with its magical wide brush after my first attempt chipped off? Most definitely.

Find out where to buy at Rimmel.

By Liz Regalia

This review was based on a free sample.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails