Wednesday, July 23, 2008
We've looked inside Annie's and Hope's carry ons, now we're peeking inside the carry ons of StoreAdore.com founders Christina Miller (left) and Meredith Barnett (right). Here's what they have to say:
With Store Adore currently covering boutique shopping in New York, Washington, DC, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Philadelphia (newly launched!), we are constantly jetting from one city to the next in order to keep our booties on the ground regarding the shopping scene. (We know Annie and Hope can relate.)
After too many lost luggage experiences – not to mention the ridiculous new airline policies ($25 per bag? Come on!) – we’ve pretty much abandoned the idea of checking our bags. We’ve got carry-on bag packing down to a science. In fact, we now permanently keep our beauty products in Ziploc bags. Here’s what you’ll find in our carry-on bags:
1. The origami wrap from Lilla P is one of the most genius clothing items we’ve encountered. You can wear it over and over again in an infinite number of ways—a shawl, a layering top, a cardigan, a tunic—so versatile and casually chic. Store Adore shoppers can score them for 20% off. Click here for the code.
2. A pair of cute lightweight flip flops packs easily and is good for plodding around hotel rooms (especially for germaphobes like Cristina!), giving swollen feet a break on the plane, and wearing out to dinner if you’re lucky enough to be traveling somewhere warm. We like these by from Pedro Garcia at Los Angeles-based boutique Heist where Store Adore shoppers get 25% off. Click here for the code.
3. Travel can be a nightmare for your skin: Airplanes are notoriously drying, and more time outside means additional sun exposure. This lip gloss from Nuxe is an all-in-one: a pretty pink shade, SPF 15, and an uber-moisturizer.
4. We seem to travel with three to five lingerie bags each. We use them for dirty clothes, socks, bras, and underwear. This one from celebrity trend resource Intuition is meant for swimsuits, but we use it for everything. Store Adore shoppers get 20% off here.
5. The best kind of jewelry for travel is the kind that you don’t have to remove. Meredith just bought this bracelet from Covet (using my Store Adore 20% discount!) and I’ve yet to take it off. The leather just gets softer the more you wear it, and I love the chic meets glam appeal. No need to stuff my carry-on even more!
6. A roomy totebag functions as a handbag, a laptop bag, and a carry-on. This Hayden Harnett bag (shown top) weighs practically nothing. It has a padded pocket for laptops, can be worn under your arm, and also expands so that if you shop while you travel (and who doesn’t?) you have room for all your goods. Look for an exclusive Store Adore discount on Hayden Harnett soon.
Click here for a complete list of StoreAdore discounts.
Update: We just read in WWD that Hayden Harnett is slated to create a line for Target in spring 2009. Love it!