Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cute Dog Carriers

Last week, reader Leah Jill Leah issued us the following challenge:

Every time I fly, I take my dog, Lulu (Toy poodle/bischon) with me. This counts as 1 personal item (even though its $100.00 each way). I would like to be able to not check any bags when I fly home for Christmas this year. What do you feel is the best bag setup for me? I like my products and organization and to be airline approved. Oh and lets not forget Lulu and I must be cutie patooie :)

We did some searching and came up with the following options.



We love this Kwigy.Bo bag because it has inside and outside pockets. Try keeping your ID and airline ticket in the outside pockets so they're within easy reach and you don't have to disturb Lulu. And that camo will wear well, matches a lot and is pretty darn cute.



This Creature Couture bag is roomy enough for your belongings and your pooch. It fits under your seat and has all those pockets to keep you organized, too. Available at PetLife.com.

Since you're traveling over the holidays, you should consider shipping your presents ahead of time, too. It will save room and a whole lot of hassle as you go through security. The only time we screwed up the liquid restrictions was when we had a bottle of Tocca body lotion in our bag that was a Christmas gift.

Let us know how we did. Full disclosure, we don't travel with pets.

5 comments:

Mikaela said...

If you get a doctor's note saying you need your pet to travel with you for "emotional support" you can take them on board carriers who don't normaly let non-service animals on board. I'm not sure if that would also negate the fee...

The Jet Set Girls said...

Thanks for the great tip!

Leah J Light said...

Thanks for the heads up Mikaela. Ill give it a whirl. I do need her for emotional support. If they tried to put her in cargo I would have a heart attack for sure!


Love, love, love the carriers! You are so fabulous and creative, there are not words. Thank you so much for the great ideas and making travel time easy and now exciting since I get to buy a new bag!
Keep doing what you do ladies! Ill keep reading! :) Thanks again!
Leah and Baby Lu

Leah J Light said...

Also I just ordered the Creature Couture bag in the Kiwi Patterned Fabric and will send pics as soon as it arrives!

Anonymous said...

If getting a dog carrier to use on a plane the best option is to get one that fits under the seat in front of you.

Just make sure it is airline approved!

Have fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails