Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Peek Inside Gloria Safar's Carry On

Gloria Safar


We caught up with athlete and author  and athlete Gloria Safar fresh from her way back from bicycling across Sicily, where she cycled up Mount Etrna and biked the Syracuse Province, visiting Pallazolo Acreide, Noto, Taormina, Catania and Syracuse and many small gorgeous towns. Gloria wrote the training guide, Triathlon for Girls Like Us after she realized most training schedules were developed with men in mind. Here's what Gloria travels with.


My carry on is a mesh pool bag and inside I bring a smaller one, from the NYC marathon. I travel very light.
gloria Safar speedo

 
What beauty products do you travel with?
Water and lip balm. I don't leave the house without them. I have a lip balm in every pocket of every bag I have and I keep one in the car too.  Aveeno seems to work for me, for my face I like Aveeno Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15. I also use Avon and Burt's Bees.

Aveeno Daily Moisturizer

Do you have a favorite wrap or sweater for chilly planes? 
I have this great light cardigan from Banana Republic, that takes very small space, but it's perfect for either a chilly night or a chilly plane.
Are you currently reading any books or have a guilty pleasure magazine for the plane? 
I look forward to sitting in a plane! I know it sounds weird, but with my training and work, I have very little time to read at home, so I splurge in books on the plane. In this trip I read The Art of Racing in the Rain. If you have a dog, it's a must read! 

 Any favorite plane snacks?
Lara bars. Same as with the lip balms, I have one in every bag. Don't leave the house without them. But in Italy, I carried everywhere cherry tomatoes from Pachino, and delicious Sicilian oranges!
Anything else you always travel with?
My goggles! There's always a swimming opportunity! This time it was the Ionic Sea!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails