Monday, October 27, 2008

Packing Tips

One of the questions we are asked most frequently is how to pack for a weekend trip. JSG's Annie left for Newport, RI yesterday, and while it's not technically a weekend, she still needed outfits for three days and two nights. She wanted to pack light, because she still hasn't figured out which new wheelie luggage to buy. Here's what made the cut:


pack for a weekendMy first step was to check the weather. It's expected to be warmer than I thought--lows in the 40s and highs near 60. I'm notoriously bad about packing for the weather, so I packed two of my favorite cashmere Vince Sweaters that are easy to layer. I'm bringing two pairs of jeans, a dressy trouser-style pair and my Earnest Sewn black pair. They're so soft and comfy, even when sitting for hours in an airport. The striped top is from the Alice Temperley collection for Target. Like most of you, I mix high and low end pieces together.

Pack for a weekend
For nighttime, I needed one dressy outfit and one more casual one. To keep my bag light, I'll wear the jeans for night time, too. The trouser jeans are elegant and slimming (even though they don't look like it in the photo!). I'm pairing them with my disco DKNY batwing top and trusty Rebecca Norman bangles. I wish I had more tops as versatile as this one: I bought it for $50 at the DKNY outlet near Palm Springs four years back. It never seems to go out of style and I love that it has longer sleeves.

My other outfit is a day to night look. I picked my H&M tank because my color scheme needed some livening up. The little metallic appliqué bird makes the top going-out ready. I may take the sweater off in the evening, depending on the restaurant we go to and the temperature.

I brought my bigger Melie Bianco cocktail bag because it can fit my Blackberry, lipstick and camera--essential when traveling so I have shots for the blog or my Facebook page.

For shoes I brought black zip up booties that are easy to get in and out of at airport security and gray patent leather pumps that are super comfy to walk in. Rounding out my bag are: yoga clothes, a nightie and of course my makeup and toiletries. For my jacket, I'm bringing my Burberry trench, which I'm hoping will be warm enough with those sweaters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Post! I had to travel nearly 80% of the time for my previous job and always had a Melie Bianco handbag as part of my ensemble as well! :)

Anonymous said...

These outfits rock! That Melie Bianco bag is extremely versatile and will always look trendy. I had it in black and it was the perfect size to fit all my bare essentials.

Related Posts with Thumbnails