Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Peek Inside Daily Obsession's Carry On

One of our favorite bloggers, Connie one-half of The Daily Obsession (we heart Carolyn, too), is headed to NYC from L.A. in a week and graciously allowed us to peek inside her carry on bag:

The most important thing is to find a great bag that will fit all my
in-flight needs! I adore Pallie's James Tote in the shiny chocolate patent
lizard leather, which is both functional and glam. Mine is chocolate brown.



Crocodile tote
I'm also never without a thin silk-cashmere wrap. It works as a blanket
during the flight, but doubles as a scarf at my destination. J. Crew has
some luxurious, but affordable versions.




I keep a slim travel wallet with me. It houses my ID, some cash, tickets
and all other travel documents in it. It saves me the hassle of rummaging
through my bag and wallet for everything I need at the airport. I'm dying
to upgrade to a Smythson of Bond Street version!
I can't travel without magazines and a good book (and I read quickly), so I
stock up on a couple fun reads at a bookstore before I leave. I usually
pick a couple of my faves like Lucky and Domino - both are super great plane reads since they're not 300 pages and heavy to tote. As for plane
books...I'm always up for a Sophie Kinsella read!

The electronics are also important! I take an iPod with me, which helps me
zone out in-flight. I prefer music that is super low-key like
James Blunt (photo courtesy of People.com), Sara Bareilles or Rachael Yamagata.


Finally beauty products...I put this all into a tiny flat makeup bag: A
small bottle of moisturizer to keep my skin hydrated in-flight. (Right now,
I'm obsessed with Jo Malone's Orange Blossom lotion, so I decant it into one
of those travel bottles you can pick up at Target or any other drugstore.)
A tiny bottle of Kai perfume is the perfect touch up for after I de-plane.
Who wants to smell like airplane? Also a quick coat of lip gloss/ lipstick
helps me look refreshed and awake after a long flight.


Lastly, can anyone travel without hand sanitizer? Sorry, but all I can
imagine are germs when I think about how many people have sat in my seat,
etc. A tiny bottle of Purell is a total must.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm off to Greece next week for my honey moon and was wondering of you've been there and if you could give me some travel beauty tips too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Anne!!! :)

The Jet Set Girls said...

Wow, Leolina, you're so fortunate! We haven't been to Greece in years; but are planning to go for our next big bday! The sun is super strong, so bring a high SPF, hit the spray tan booth before if you can, bring a good bronzer like Nars or Bobbi Brown, a waterproof mascara (can't beat Maybelline), Bumble and Bumble's surf spray for easy hair and classy ponytails, a maxi dress, and you're in Greece so why not pull out those gladiator sandals from the summer. We'd love to hear about your trip when you return! Send us an email! XOXO Hope and Anne

Related Posts with Thumbnails