We love Rachel McAdams' hair at the Sherlock Holmes premiere last week; but hers isn't the first long braid we've envied lately. A style like this would work great this winter especially when you need to wear a hat. The look here is elegant but unstructured and with Sebastian stylist Thomas Dunkin, we can do it ourselves:
- Start by applying a volumizing product like Sebastian Professional Texturizer to wet hair.
- Blow dry in sections, and pin each section in medium and large sized Velcro rollers throughout whole head and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Allow to cool then take down rollers, and spray hair with a dry shampoo for added texture.
- Emulsify a small dab of Sebastian Professional Microweb Fiber between palms and run through top of hair. Backcomb front section and manipulate for height and volume. Secure with pins.
- French braid bottom half of hair starting behind left ear and pin random remaining pieces into braid for haphazard, playful positioning.
- Finish the look with Sebastian Professional Shaper Fierce for tousled movement and controlled hold.
Photo credit: InStyle "Look of the Day"