Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Peek Inside Carolyn O'Neil's Carry On

Girls in Montreal

On our recent girls' getaway press trip to Montreal, we had the pleasure of traveling with the oh-so chic Carolyn O'Niel (That's her, far right.). In addition to travel writing for the Atlanta Journal and Constitution, among other publications, Carolyn is also a registered dietitian the author of The Dish: On Eating Healthy and Being Fabulous!
The Dish


Here's what's in Carolyn's carry on:

Even though I check a bag when I travel, my carry on is my life line just in case my luggage is lost or I need something en route.

I always have a
1. A black cashmere cardigan.
2. A neutral toned grey/gold/cream large pashmina scarf which matches everything to add an extra layer on a flight or dash of fashion on arrival!
3. A Cole Hahn rain jacket with hood, which folds up into its own little pouch.
4. Digital camera...just in case something exciting happens or I spot a food trend!
5. Moleskine notebook - for jotting down great ideas or observations.
moleskin notebook

6. Today's newspaper...really!
7. A copy of this month's Journal of the American Dietetic Association. I am a food/nutrition writer and need to keep up on the latest science. 
8. Travel cosmetics I can't be without include: Aquaphor healing ointment for cuts, dry skin and perfect to protect heels if wearing new shoes; Pond's Cold Cream - women in my family have been using it as makeup remover for four wrinkle-free generations!
ponds cold cream

Magnifying mirror to see myself better and ensure correctly placed lip liner and eyeliner, sunscreen with at least SPF 30, I like Neutrogena.
Chanel lipsticks in rouge and lip gloss to tone down the red! Chanel powder compact.
9. Almonds or walnuts to snack on.
10.  If I really feel at risk of losing luggage ( ie. tight connections ) I throw in a jersey knit black dress and dressy flats to wear to dinner with the pashmina and black cardigan!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails