Monday, June 13, 2011

Beach Beauty Products

deborah lipmann Lara's Theme

On my trip to Puerto Rico last week, I had the chance to test out a few beach beauty products. Here are a some of my personal faves:
  • Lara's Theme nail polish from Deborah Lipmann make for a bright and tropical pedi and even someone as pale as me can wear it!  Deborah created the color with model Lara Stone as a tribute to her native Holland. Available on HSN.com. That's it on my toes, above. My fab pedicure was courtesy of Sweet Lily in New York City.
beach beauty products
  •  It's hard to find good hairspray in a convenient travel size. I love the Fekkai Sheer Hold Hair Spray because in addition to hold, it prevent frizz, so my beach waves stayed perfect. Available at 3FlOz.com.
  • When I realized that the only moisturizer I brought was Steamcream, I was a little nervous. I had never used it before and I know that my skin requires serious hydration after a day in the sun. After one use, my worries were quickly put to rest. According to the press release, Steamcream is "created through a revolutionary 'Steam Infusion' manufacturing process in which high quality, vegan ingredients emulsify and break down immediately on contact with the skin for maximum absorption and benefits." I'm not entirely sure what that means, but it worked and the adorable packaging is ideal for plane flights. Available at SteamCream.com.
    steamcream
    • Sometimes it's good to be a beauty blogger. And one of those times was when it was especially good was when the new MAC Sized to Go products landed on my doorstep a few days before my trip. The minis of their top makeup removers are now available in stores and part of the permanent collection. I brought along the Cleanse Off Oil and Pro Eye Makeup Remover. Available on MACCosmetics.com.
    mac cosmetics pro eye makeup remover mini
    Another MAC product I was excited to test out is the new Prep + Prime Beauty Balm SPF 35. It's intended to be used under foundation, but turns out, it was all I needed at the beach to even out my skin tone, moisturize and minimize my pores. It's lightweight yet gives the perfect amount of coverage. It's also in the permanent collection and available at MACCosmetics.com.


    This post is based on free samples.

    3 comments:

    Soos said...

    That's a great color on you!

    Sarah said...

    I love that color!

    Ruby :)
    http://girlfriendsarelikeshoes.blogspot.com/

    The Jet Set Girls said...

    Thanks, ladies! It's definitely my signature color of summer '11!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails