Monday, April 11, 2011

Rent the Runway Review-Miami


Thanks for everyone who helped me pick which Rent the Runway dress to wear on our recent girls' getaway to Miami. Though the Shoshanna Magic Carpet Ride one-shoulder dress was the winner, it wasn't available when I went to rent it. So I opted for the second place winner: the Badgley Mishcka Fifth Avenue Showstopper Dress.  That's me in it, above.

It's definitely a beautiful dress and one that I wish I had in my closet. It was pinker than it looked in the photos, which a reader had told me prior to my renting it. While it probably would have looked better on me were I more tan, it didn't wash me out, like I was afraid it might. I do think the dress would flatter any number of figure types.

That said, I didn't end up wearing it in Miami. It was a little too sparkly for the nights we had planned. And, as my friend Heidi pointed out, it was too covered up for Miami. If the neckline were a little lower or there was less pleating in the front, it would have been sexier and more flattering. As it is, I feel like this is a great dress for your own birthday party or a really special date.

Here's the dress I did go with:
I opted to take advantage of Rent the Runway's promotion to rent a second dress for $25 and also ordered this Halston Heritage La Scala Draped Dress. Its color and one-shoulder style reminded me of the Shoshanna dress I wanted to rent. I was very happy with the dress, though the fit could have been better. (I'm pear-shaped, so had to go with a size up to get it to fit my hips, which meant it was a tad too big on top.) I loved the color and the flowiness of the fabric. It made for the perfect dress for a night on the town in Miami—attention getting and sexy, without looking like I was trying to hard (IMO, at least!).

5 comments:

Nadine Jolie said...

Looking gorgeous, Anne! xo

The Procrastinator said...

They're both so pretty on you! I love the Badgley Mishcka - next trip!

classic cult said...

wow that red dress really makes ur eyes sparkle!
by the way, whats up with those coachella tickets?
i wanna duran duran like a true man, just turned 21 &wanna go to the heineken tent so bad!
im already @ coachella by the way!

lordx3nu@live.com

The Jet Set Girls said...

Ha! Love the flattery. We're picking the winner tomorrow!

Soos said...

BOTH look great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails